Sunday, March 22, 2009

25 down!

First of all, I can't believe how long it's been since I started this blog, nor how long it's been since I posted something. Geez...

At least this time I can say I'm actually making progress towards my ultimate goal. At 25 pounds, it's just a small portion of the amount I'm working to lose, but at least it's progress!

What finally made the difference? A few things, I think.

1. I have become more aware of how my life is passing before me. My FAT life. If I'm going to be able to do all the things I want to do, I really need to be thin (at least thinnER). With my daughters both getting through high school/college now, I'm feeling more and more like it's time for my life to get going again. It's interesting, because I didn't realize how much I kind of felt like I'd put it on "hold". No idea why... guess it was just all the homeschooling commitments. But now that those are over, I guess I've regained some freedom or control or something. I can't say I have a genuine vision for it all yet, but I'm moving forward. At least getting done with all the household stuff that's been overlooked for a long time (cleaning out clutter and organizing). When that's all done, I'll REALLY feel some freedom! It doesn't take a psychologist to see the parallels in this. I'm really looking forward to my physical freedom as the physical "clutter" disappears, too!

2. My being able to go on a trip to Prague with my daughter's school group was some timely motivation. I was hoping to be down at least 30 pounds by the time I got on the plane. I'm now down 25 and have only a week before takeoff, so I might make 30 and I might not, but I'm happy with the 25 right now. I'm getting into smaller clothes and feeling better.

3. The next motivating factor for me is my 25th wedding anniversary in June. I hope to be down by 50 pounds by then. At that point, I hope to spend some quality time in a hotel with my husband. It's been a long time since I've been on top, and I'm looking forward to feeling comfortble with that again. I think at 50 pounds lighter I will (I hope). TMI???

Beyond all that, I'm assuming the motivation of just losing the rest will be enough to keep me going. If not, I'll set some more timeframe-based goals.

Either way, I'm completely committed to moving forward and maintaining the changes necessary to keep the weight off. I'm getting rid of each piece of clothing as it becomes too large and am enjoying the "bridge burning" aspect of it all. As difficult as making dietary changes has been, I feel like I've finally arrived at the place where I can say "nothing tastes as good as thin feels". I've heard others say that, but now I've begun to taste that for myself. Finally!

1 comment:

Tia said...

Hi,

I'm the dork who accidentally requested a password change or whatever I requested. There should be an email in your yahoo inbox (this is what the confirmation page told me). I only realized that I had typed the wrong url for my blog after it said it send to my yahoo account because I don't have a yahoo account. Sorry about that, no worries, I'm not trying to get into your profile or stalk you or anything like that.

Sincerely,
Tia