Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Plan!....kind of

So, in looking at my posts regarding motivation and self-examination, I think I've finally crossed into the place where I have a PLAN. Well...kind of. My plan is really just having a fixed set of small goals and working towards them. I'm keeping track of my progress on Sparkpeople.com and if I can keep up the 2-pounds-off-per-week pace, I'll be down to my first goal in June: 50 pounds lighter!

I've started "diet plans" so many times and never stuck with them, but I'm not letting that stop me. I want to give myself some lee-way and know I can make the changes if I just take "baby steps". I can't expect to change everything all at once, and I certainly expect to make mistakes along the way, so I'm not kicking myself for lack of perfection. (But that's easier said than done!) No matter what, I'm going to keep going forward and making some amount of changes each day. Keeping calories controlled, increasing movement and drinking more water -- these are the basics I'm working on. Helping that to happen, I'm only eating (smaller portions) when hungry, I limit how much time I sit at my desk (regularly get up and do something around the house), and I keep a glass of water going throughout the day. There's certainly more I can do in time, but for now these are the baby-step building blocks I'm starting with.

I'm also going to be checking in with some others on SparkPeople who are going through this same type of journey. I hope to be inspired, encouraged and maybe get some pointers.

My first week's weigh-in is tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how I do!

No comments: